In this episode, I point out the main reasons why you may struggle in your communication and give you a framework for how you can communicate more authentically.
So why is there a need to talk about communicating authentically?
- Fear of rejection sparks a perceived need to satisfy what we think others want to hear
- You don't know or have a plan for what to talk about
- We learned marketing and selling is about showing our best side and only those, hiding the rest
Step 1: Know yourself
- who are you? really?
- how would others describe you?
- list your 3 biggest fears and how they impact your public behavior
- who do you secret aspire to look like or sound like? why?
Step 2: Who do you want to be for?
- how is your ideal client?
- how would your ideal client perceive you?
- why are they staying close to you?
- in which situations are you connecting best with them?
- which aspects of you are corky, different or interesting to your ideal customer?