What's working on Instagram right now with Jenn Herman - Ep. #33Jun 30, 2021
There are so many things you can do on Instagram. But what is it that is actually working? Right now.
I invited Jenn to share her business story and update all of us on what's currently working on Instagram and help you decide, where you should focus.
I suggest you decide on only a few things that you will actually enjoy doing. Then build from there.
In this episode
- The extent to which Instagram is your (business) face to the world
- What counts as engagement and why should you care (you should!)
- How Stories is more likely to hook people and help them remember you
- How many Stories should be your max at any given time
- How reactions to your Stories are magically opening the door to peoples inbox with the option for you to continuing the conversation with the individual
- You are not alone if you hate Reels, TikTok, and other short-form videos! But do they work? Will they help you grow?
- You will be able to schedule Instagram Stories from Facebook Business Suite - and probably 3rd party tools - soon
- How to use tagging to cross-promote
- Why you cannot grow organically without hashtags and how you risk dropping all the traffic if you use them in the wrong place
- Short captions or long captions? (texts)
- Why Jenn is not a fan of IGTV and why you shouldn't be either
- The power of carousels
- When and how to monetize your IG account
Jenn's 3 best tips
- Optimise your profile so people understand what you are about the very first time they visit it - within seconds (who you are, what you do as a business, and why they should care)
- Use stories and reels frequently (test if it works for you)
- Have fun! Stories and reels work because we let our hair down and show our personality
About Jenn Herman
Jenn Herman is a social media consultant, speaker, and globally recognized Instagram expert. Her blog, Jenn’s Trends, has won the title of a Top 10 Social Media Blog over multiple years. She is the author of “Instagram for Dummies”, “Instagram for Business for Dummies”, “The Ultimate Guide to Social Media Marketing”, and “Stop Guessing: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Social Media Strategy”.
Connect with Jenn
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.