How to Marie Kondo your email list - Ep #17Sep 28, 2020
In this episode, we are going to learn how to “Marie Kondo” our e-mail list using her method of organizing known as the KonMari method, and consists of gathering together all of one's belongings, one category at a time, and then keeping only those things that "spark joy" and choosing a place for everything from then on.
If you take just ONE thing away from today's episode let it be that a BIGGER list is not a BETTER list. On the contrary, a BETTER list services you and your audience in a much BIGGER way.
In this episode
- 00:52 The two tactics in Marie’s system
- 02:51 How to determine the quality of your e-mail list
- 05:17 E-mail Opening rates
- 10:47 Unsubscribe rates
- 12:22 E-mail relevancy and format
- 14:49 E-mail deliverability
- 18:30 Bounce rates
- 20:37 Marie Kondo your E-mail list
- 22:29 Marie Kondo’s recommendation
- 24:57 Seven good practices you can apply
7 good practices you can apply
- Create great e-mails and headlines: Improve your opening rate
- Write like a friend and don’t be too smart: Provide a good user experience
- Add unsubscribe links at the bottom of all e-mails: You should encourage people to unsubscribe if your content is not relevant to them
- Segment your list for increased relevancy: Tailor your content to the segment and their specific needs at that specific time
- Create your e-mail sunset policy & some rules for removing inactive subscribers
- If your email list is not responsive enough, consider:
- Remove people from your contact list who are inactive
- Send fewer e-mails if you previously perhaps sent too many
- Run a re-engagement campaign
- Mark in your calendar when to repeat the process
About Marie Kondo
Marie Kondo is a Japanese organizing consultant, author, and TV show host. She’s the star of Netflix’s hit show, “Tidying Up With Marie Kondo,” and founder of KonMari Media, Inc. Kondo has written four books on organizing, which have collectively sold millions of copies around the world, In particular, her book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up (2011) has been published in more than 30 countries. It was a best-seller in Japan and in Europe and was published in the United States in 2014.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.